the 2 birthday cakes
The positive test....
Our little Madison a year later!
This day last year was the biggest and greatest day of my entire life (besides having Madison of course!!!). I just found out 2 days prior, that I was pregnant, Aarin then decided that the best time to tell our loved ones is on my birthday!! Aarin came up with this whole scheme by himself. He wanted 2 cakes, one with just plain happy birthday, and the other saying congratulations with a baby rattle on it. I will never forget how nervous I was to share this with everyone, would they be thrilled? think were too young? I wasn't too sure on what everyone was going to say or think. Well the time came for the cakes to come out, I plopped the baby cake on the table right by my mom, and just waited for the response......... waited.....waited.... seriously it felt like 10 minutes went by! Every ones faces were just in complete confusion, someone even asked if the cake was for all the young children there!! Finally I stared Sally down, because she had a look of like i think i know but I'm not sure(remember sally??) and just said quietly "think about it" of course with a huge smile! And she finally asked "are you pregnant??" Well mine and Aarins big silly grins gave it away. After that it was a complete shriek of excitement!! Everyone was completely shocked and thrilled (i like to think so at least), everyone was full of questions, hugs, even tears. I will never forget that day, I'm so glad I was able to share it with my loved ones, I will always cherish this day forever. So thank you all!
p.s. thank you for all of the kind birthday wishes everyone, it's soooo wonderful to feel so loved by all of you!
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
sharing a memory.....
Posted by My world at 2:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yes, we're just not very bright! I thought you'd brought it home from the bakery because someone hadn't picked it up or something. Bonk! I got it eventually...
Happy Birthday! Mwah!
Of course the best reaction was your Mom's. I will never forget her response!!
What? MY reaction wasn't good enough for you, Sabrina? Alright, meet me over at your blog...*rolling up my sleeves*
Happy Birthday darling! Have an extra piece of cake for me at your party!
Post a Comment